This policy is effective from 12th January 2016.
Acceptance of terms
What we collect
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the website. We do not intend to collet personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market our whiskies to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files.
We may collect the following information:
- Your age / date of birth which we collect to verify that you are of legal purchase age to visit our sites.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you sign up to our newsletter, promotions, competitions, register for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
What we do with the information we gather?
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services, including our newsletter.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The BenRiach Distillery Company Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose your data to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The BenRiach Distillery Company Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies for analytics
We use analytics to measure how many visitors are using the website, which pages interest them and to help improve the performance of our site. This involves storing the following cookies:
- _utma Typical content: randomly generated number – Expires: 2 years
- _utmb Typical content: randomly generated number – Expires: 30 minutes
- _utmc Typical content: randomly generated number – Expires: when user exits browser
- _utmz Typical content: randomly generated number + info on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search) – Expires: 6 months
For more information please visit Google Analytics website.
You may refuse to accept Cookies from us by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of Cookies (visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ for assistance with adjusting your browser settings).
Links to third party websites
This website may include links to other websites and social media buttons that are controlled and maintained by others. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. Any links to other websites are not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure that the information provided on this website is correct at the time of writing it is not possible to provide any guarantee of accuracy. We do not accept responsibility or liability to any person for loss or damage suffered as a consequence of their placing reliance upon the information.